Thursday 21 August 2008

Day 18: 21st August 2008

Well 3 days now into my new menu and things still feel great, had a little bit of tenderness in my left hip, but this is due to a new hip exercise which is a bit more difficult, so it is just due to my muscles being used in a different way again, reawakening my muscles!!

I've not had a flair up now for coming up to a week now, so steady progress is being made, I am trying to reduce the amount of long distance walking I am doing, or shopping with the Girlfriend (great excuse my the way guys...lol) I just feel that if I were too walk too much, it will set me back, and cause a flare up, and but my muscles in spasm, and that is the last thing I want right now!

I've also made the decision to not drinking at the weekends too much, I find that if I do, then what happens is that my pain levels drop or become non existant which is great, it means I can have a great night out, and dance and stand without any problems, but what happens is that alcohol dehydrates the body, and a dehydrated body and more specifically dehydrated muscles are your own worst enemie, it can cause alot more pain and stiffness in the muscles and joints. Also when I awake the next morning I feel like I have run a marathon, my whole body aches and it takes 2 days to get relief and allow my QL muscle to relax!

They say it takes 30 days to make something a habit, well I feel like it's started already, I'm finding the e-cises not so much trouble to perform now, it's starting to become a part of my day now, I don't have trouble finding the time, because they are helping it is more motivating to want to actually do them, recently I've been wanting to perform them more than once a day, but I have stopped myself, just because something is good for you doesn't mean more is better!!!
Overall my pain levels are about a 3 this week, as I said no major spasms, I've had slight discomfort or tenderness, but compared to what I was dealing with before, a bit of tenderness is nothing!!!


No comments: