Tuesday 19 August 2008

2nd Appointment:

I went for my 2nd appointment last night, it has been 2 weeks since my initial assessment. Matt started by asking me how I have been, he went through the symptoms I was orginally experiencing and asked me how they are now, what is aggravating them, and what seems to be worse? Which exercises I liked and disliked? (I think this gave him an indicator as to what e-cises I still needed to do, and if I liked them, then they were obviously not challenging me anymore)

He then asked me what I expected from this session? Matt really likes to get me thinking.....Hmmmm what did I expect from this session? I had to think??? Then I decided......It was to possibly include some new exercises, as some of the exercises had become easier, to achieve some pain relief, and to be able to continue my progress on a steady path!

He then took pictures again to compare my psoture from last time, obviously the posture changes are going to be the last significant changes to occur, I pain is disminshing and I am getting less and less twinges and able to move much better, and as he said its what I feel that matters, the improvement I feel in my body, not so much the external factors such as posture, you need to look for those small improvements, it will help you to soldier on and stick with your menu of e-cises and realise that you have to complete them every single day!!

I have not got some new e-cises to my menu, he has taken out some of the e-cises, and changed them up, and the supine groin progressive that I was finding difficult he has added back in, but while in this position if I get that discomfort feeling, then I am to perform 2 upper back e-cises, this is just to distract me from the discomfort as when I was performing the supine groin before, I felt the over whelming feeling to move, it was too uncomfortable, so the idea is to distract my mind from those feelings, and then relax and then when it returns to perform another ser of the overhead extensions and reverse presses.

We went through the new program and I felt slight numbness in my left leg afterwards but on my drive on the way home, I felt great, no problems at all, I woke up this morning and I still feel great 4 hours later, and no twinges of pain yet?! :) I will complete my new menu when I get in from work, and will post tomrorow how it goes, I can see it's gonna be a new challenge and I look forward to it, bring it on : )

No comments: