Saturday 16 August 2008

Day 13: 16th August 2008

I'm feeling great lately, much less pain, not so many twinges in my hip, laying in bed is getting easier, and the e-cises are definately getting easier. I'm going Monday for my re-assessment and as I said before I'm guessing Matt will add or exchange some of the e-cises for more difficult ones, otherwise if you continue to do the same exercises over and over, your body cannot adapt, even upping the reps or sets will also do this.

I won't lie and say it's easy to find times to do the exercises, currently I am doing them when I get in from work at 5:10pm, for and hour and this seems to be working best for me, the mornings I am too tired, where I go to bed late, and in the mornings I feel great, and when I perform the e-cises for a few hours afterwards I do feel a little bit tender, so it's easier to do them in the evening, that way I feel great at work, and then after a long day sitting at the computer, I feel a bit tired and achy, but I force myself to do the exercises when I get in from work, and it's totally worth it, I can unwind my body!! The last 2 mornings I have woke up with no pain whatsoever, it's been great, but also weird because I cannot remember the last time I woke up without pain!!! My pain level on a whole the last 2 days has been about a 3-4 : )

Last night I did not get a chance to do them when I got in from work, had dinner then went straight round a mates and we went pub, i drove so got home about 12:45am and I had the decision to either go to bed, and just forget about the e-cises and do them in the morning, but then I thought about last weekend, when I missed both days, and remembered the pain I was in, so I decided to get on the floor and do my e-cises, an hour later I felt great, tired, but great....lol....Not so much great body wise, but a great feeling of commitment and was really pleased with myself for doing them late at night, I could have so easily have not done them, but I know in order to keep progressing and getting better I must do them everyday!!!

Becoming pain free is all about taking responsibility as Pete Egoscue says and also dedication and consistency, you need to be willing to commit an hour a day to the e-cises no matter how busy or tired you are, you just got to suck it up and get on with it, there will be times when it will be easier to go to bed, just chill in front of the TV, or just simply "Can't be asked" but who said becoming pain free would be easy?? It will be worth it in the long run, I promise you : )

"With each step I take, I am further from my starting point, closer to my goal, and stronger than I were a moment ago"

No comments: