Friday 26 September 2008

Day 54:

I've had some tightness/tenderness in my left glute the last 2 days since I started the new exercises. I know the reason for this, one of the new e-cises I have is laying flat on the floor, one leg bent in the hooklying position, and the other leg, extended fully out. The tightening the whole of the straight leg, and pulling your toes towards your shin, throughout the whole e-cise, you rotate your leg from the hip inwards and then outwards for a total of 10 reps and repeat 3 times, alternating between legs.

I notice a major difference between the right and left leg, left leg has hardly any mobility in it, but its gradually getting easier to perform.

Today I have no tenderness, so it looks like it was just my muscles being worked where there not used to it, like DOMS - Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness. Have you ever started a new training program, and then 24-48hrs after, you can't move your legs or arms?? LOL...

It's pretty much the same feeling, the muscle fibres are slightly tearing from the movement, that they are just not used to...

I think this is one thing to look out for, when you start any exercises for back pain or scaitica, or postural issues, then prepare for some soreness and tenderness, it may feel like your doing wrong, but as long as at the time when your performing the exercises, that they do not cause pain, you may get some discomfort, but as long as it is not pain, then you may need to push past this, it's just your muscles screaming "What the h#ll, Who woke me up?!"... :)

1 comment:

Denise W said...

Heh Dan, are you still doing your Egoscue exerises ? Are you better ?
i'm only just beginning and found it really helpful to read your comments as i am experienceing quite a lot of new pain after doing the exercises.

Thanks,
Denise Wilks