Wednesday 22 October 2008

Been a while....

I haven't posted for a while.....There is reasoning behind this and not excuses either....lol

I have recently started to read Dr.Sarno's book "Healing Back Pain" and other self-improvement books.

From all this reading I have discovered, that if you think about something too much, talk about something too much, talk about pain, talk about being out of pain, then it will always remain with you, it's constantly in your thoughts day and night, it will start to take over everything, when people ask you how you are you will say "I'm fine my backs painful, but I'm fine"....This is a terrible mindset to get into to it really is.

Also at work, people know about my back pain and they will ask me on a regular basis, how I am, and I used to say "I'm not too bad, bit painful today, backs aching" or whatever. But now I reply with "I'm great thanks, I'm getting better everyday".....I don't mention the pain or anything, I am starting to think in a positive light, and am trying not to mention my pain at all, convince myself that I am fine, not to think about my pain, do my exercises daily, but do not think about them too much, I have made it as part of my daily routine now I don't think about it as such, I just do it, Like brushing my teeth or taking a shower....

Also I'am trying to stop the negative thinking behind activities or fear of activities, like walking I used to think "I can't walk that far" and guess what?! I couldn't because I had defeated myself already before I even tried it...It's difficult to change your mindset, I won't be able to do this overnight, but each day at a time..... : )

No comments: